Network Security for Townsville Businesses
When it comes to network security, it is easy for small to medium sized businesses to say “I don’t have to worry. Hackers are only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on all networks have been increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated, and small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies.
A 2013 study showed that 1 in every 5 small businesses networks would be compromised. With the ever-increasing technological advances, it is likely that since then, these numbers have climbed, posing a significant risk for a potential breach, lost or stolen data, or some type of malicious threat.
There are a number of ways National PC can help protect your network:
- Updates – Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Firewall – A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. Often business owners are unaware of the difference between having a network router and having a network firewall in place.
- Passwords – Using sophisticated software and tools, hackers are easily gaining access to small business networks through simple or default passwords. Strong password policies should always be implemented.
- Antivirus/Antispam – Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network security, but many people don’t realize why it’s so important until their computer or network is infected with a virus, malware, spyware, or a host of other potentially dangerous issues.
- Web content filtering – control access to certain sites for increased employee productivity and security from inappropriate content
- Hardware & software – upgrades are included, along with real-time updates to your security, spyware and virus content to keep out new threats
- Total security – completely protect yourself from online dangers
Network security is a definite requirement for businesses of ALL sizes in the digital age.
Want To Know More?
Important! We hate spam as much (or more!) than you and promise to NEVER rent, share, or abuse your e-mail address and contact information in any way.